2. THE PURPOSE OF THIS POLICY
what information we collect;
how we collect personal information;
– how we use personal information;
– disclosure of personal information;
– your right of access to your personal information;
– your right to inspect and, where necessary, correct the personal information that we hold about you;
– your right to have your personal information protected from misuse or unauthorised access; and
– your right to have your privacy complaints investigated and resolved.
3. WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
3.1 Personal information we collect about you may include your name, date of birth, address, telephone number, gender and email address including any other information from which your identity is apparent or can be reasonably ascertained (Personal
3.2 We also collect information that is not Personal Information such as data relating to your activity on any of our websites (including the DI Music website (www.www.di-musiconline.com.au) or Dunphy Imports Facebook page (www.facebook.com/www.di-musiconline.com.au) or Dunphy Imports Instagram #DI-musiconline.com.au or (together Website)) (Other Information).
3.3 Other Information we collect may include:
– The Internet Protocol address and a component of the domain name used (e.g. .com or .net).
– The type of browser and operating system you used.
– The date and time you visited the Website.
– The web pages or services you accessed at the Website.
– The time spent on individual pages and the Website overall.
– Which files you downloaded.
4. HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
4.1 DI Music only collects Personal Information from you.
4.2 The Personal Information may be provided by you using the Website or by telephone, face-to-face or in writing.
4.3 If at any time you provide Personal Information about anyone other than yourself, you warrant to us that you have that person’s consent to provide such information for the purpose specified.
4.4 You are not obliged to give us your Personal Information. If you would like to access any of our services or features of our
Website on an anonymous basis we will take reasonable steps to comply with your request.
5. WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL
INFORMATION AND HOW WE USE IT
5.1 The primary purpose for collecting your Personal Information is to provide you with the goods and services you have requested and to maintain a record of individuals who have participated in any features on our website including our online purchases and competitions (Primary Purpose).
5.2 In addition to the Primary Purpose, we may use the Personal Information we collect and you consent to us using your Personal
– provide you with news about our products;
– send you marketing and promotional material that you may be interested in;
– communicate with you, including by email, telephone and mail;
– manage and enhance our products or your experience on our Website;
– conduct competitions or promotions;
– verify your identity;
– investigate any complaints about, or made by you, or if we have reason to suspect you have breached our terms and conditions; or as required or permitted by any law.
6. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
6.1 We may disclose Personal Information and you consent to us disclosing Personal Information to third parties:
– engaged by us to perform functions or provide products or services on our behalf such as mailouts, marketing or Advertising; This may also mean your information is held in offshore locations for the purposes of these services.
– that sponsor or promote any competition;
– Authorised by you to receive information held by us; or as required or permitted by any law.
6.2 You will generally be given the opportunity to “opt out” from receiving communications from us in accordance with this policy. You may “opt out” by clicking a link on the email communications sent to you or by writing to us at Dunphy Imports, PO Box 1052 Caringbah, NSW, 2229.
7. RIGHT OF ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
7.1 You have a right to access your Personal Information, subject to certain exceptions provided for in the Act.
7.2 If you require access to your Personal Information, please contact DI Music at , PO Box 2242 Caringbah, NSW, 2229.
7.3 You are required to put your request in writing and provide proof of identity.
7.4 We request that you keep your Personal Information as current as possible.
7.5 You may, upon inspection of the Personal Information we hold about you, write to us to correct any errors in the Personal Information.
8.1 Other than in relation to Other Information, we will take all reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information that we
hold from misuse, loss or unauthorized access and disclosure including by means of password access and secure servers.
8.2 You acknowledge that the security of communications sent by electronic means or by post cannot be guaranteed. We cannot accept responsibility for misuse, loss or unauthorized access to or your Personal Information where the security of information is not within our control.
8.3 If you suspect any misuse or loss of your Personal Information please contact us immediately.
9.1 If you have a complaint about how we collect, use, disclose, manage or protect your Personal Information please contact us in writing.
9.2 We will respond to any written complaint within 14 days of receiving the complaint.
Please forward all correspondence in respect
of this policy to:
Dunphy Imports Pty Ltd
PO Box 2242, Caringbah or
4/2 Cawarra Road, Caringbah NSW 2229